1. I’m hoping WordPress’ auto-publish feature actually works. I’ve never used it before, but I have to this morning because I’m currently being orienteered. I’m shadowing at two different hospitals this summer, and I managed to get both of my orientations on the same day. So that’s why I’m officially MIA from the blog world this morning, except for a few stray comments here and there from my phone during downtimes.
2. I made a bowl of heaven yesterday afternoon.
Heaven = Pineapple Chobani + mango pieces + cold barley.
It kind of looks like a giant, unattractive blob, but it was the perfect mixture of sweet, savory, and textures. (I love texture-y meals.) You’ll be seeing a lot of variations of this on my blog in the future! (Although I do wish it were more photogenic.)
3. I’m really sad that my MCAT books have started arriving. This means I now have no excuse to not study.
This is only about a third of them. The rest are going to be rolling in in the next few days. I’ll post a picture when I have all of them…it’s quite an impressive number. And it’s
really a little bit depressing.
What makes it even harder to motivate myself to study is that I may not even want to be a doctor! Ahhh. Decisions, decisions.
4. Now that I’ve seen that old post, I have a very strong urge to go back and edit all of my old posts because they look absolutely tragic.
5. I finally ordered a foam roller last night. I always used the ones at my university gym, but I figured if I’m going to continue this running thing I need one at home. I’m definitely bringing this to college with me, too, because (1) I’m not spending $40 for nothing and (2) sometimes I just want to foam roll without having to trek to the gym.
Full confession: I didn’t foam roll or stretch or even cool down after my half. I definitely paid for it afterwards.
Isn’t it such a pretty color?
Sidenote, if you’ve never tried foam rolling, you’re missing out. It’ll simultaneously be the worst and best moments of your life.
6. I ran yesterday! For the first time since my half! Just an easy-peasy two miles. It felt so good to be back out there!
My half lit a flame in me and I’ve been itching to run since I finished, but I had to wait until the soreness in my legs had (mostly) subsided.
7. The more impressive thing about my run yesterday is that I didn’t listen to music. I started running with my iPod in, and about a minute in, I just…decided I didn’t want to.
This is huge for me; I’ve never run without music before. I even had one earbud in during my half. But the sounds of kids playing in the park, birds chirping, my breath, my feet hitting the pavement…it was pure bliss. Now, about that Garmin… 😉
I do want to participate in Cori’s Run Free For Me Challenge at some point before it’s over. Gotta get on that!
I’ll let y’all know how my orienteering goes. 🙂 Have a fantastic Thursday! Hang in there; it’s almost the weekend! 😀
Do you ever run or workout without music (or a watch, for you runners)?
Random question for all of you with a separate blog email: When you send emails to people, what is the name that’s shown? (i.e. full name, first name, blog name, etc?)